I have traveled, once again, to Canada. In 'the states' it's fall. The weather is cooler, but not what I would call cold. That is not the case in Slave Lake Alberta. The high temperature yesterday was 51 F. and the low was 19 F. Yes, I said 19. I forgot how cold that is. I forgot I hated cold. I forgot my secret desire to move to a warmer climate away from frost and snow and the need for long under ware and layers.
I had a 3 hour drive from the Edmonton airport to get here. I passed through one town with a McDonald's and A&W and that was it. My options for food are severely limited here. When I got to town I was told by my co-worker that there were only 2 sit down restaurants in town and a few fast food places. Turns out there was more than that. A guy came into the hotel and said he had just come from a Chinese restaurant. So, tonight I went looking for it. I couldn't stand a THIRD NIGHT OF BOSTON PIZZA! Well, I couldn't find it. I guess my directions were bad, but I looked all over and didn't see it. You know what I did find though? You would never guess, not in a million years. I did a triple take myself when I saw the sign 'Adam's Addition Fine western and Lebanese Cuisine.' The menu was huge, the kind Gordon Ramsay would have a fit over. They had everything on the menu...bar food, steak, pizza, pasta, burgers and stir-Fry's. I questioned the waitress because I looked all over the menu and didn't see any Lebanese food. She looked at me kind of funny and said "Do you want the Lebanese menu?" Of course I did-why wouldn't I? She produced a much smaller single page menu with the some basic stuff, falafel, shawarma, baba, humus...I ordered the shawarma platter. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was a nice change of pace and completely unexpected.
Tomorrow I might try and find the Chinese place again, and maybe the lake. I'll let you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
These are really wonderful adventures!
Hope you can get some pics.
We are leaving Sunday morning. No Leon mail yet.
Keep in touch!
Mom
Now ypu've got me craving Lebanese food!
Post a Comment