Sunday, May 06, 2007

Deal or No Deal?

I am one of the craziest people I know. I woke up before the sun on Saturday and drove myself up to Southfield for the Deal or No Deal auditions.
I got there about 6 AM and got in the already monstrous line. People had been camped out
since the day before with chairs, pillows, blankets and coolers. I was glad I got there when I did, because it seems that people started filing in behind me real fast.
I'm a people watcher, so I had fun looking around at all the crazies in funny outfits, with crazy t-shirts and holding signs that made me shake my head in disbelief. One woman held a large yellow and white sign to the sky for at least an hour in hopes that her friends would see it on the news. Can we say "no deal." From 6 AM-8 AM it was all stand around and wait. People were even standing in line for overpriced coffee and doughnuts.
Around 8 AM the bus pulled in with all the casting people and some people started going around with a video camera and t-shirts. Totally insane. At around 9 AM they began to announce that people couldn't bring anything in except a purse, so lots of people started moving forward and consolidating stuff. It made you feel like you were getting somewhere, but we were just getting a lot closer together.
We got into the building around 2 PM and I was exhausted!! We got seated in the auditorium and I think I would have fallen asleep if it weren't for all the people yelling "Deal!!" "No DEAL!!" Just after 3:30 we got a talk from the head casting guy. He explained that we would be going in groups of 10 to talk to one of the casting people. We each had 20 seconds to prove why we should be one the show. We were told not to tell them how much we love the show or how poor we are or how depressing our lives are, but to but enthusiastic and smile. He said if they want you on the show they'll find you and that it could be next month or next year...so we shall see if Howie is in my future or...no deal.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

I couldn't put myself through that. You are a braver woman than I!