Hello from Maryland!
I meant to update sooner, but lost track of time last night. Got in Sunday around 3:30 PM to BWI and had a call from one of my fellow trainers that they were waiting at the rental car location for me. By the time everybody got baggage and made it to Avis we ended up at the hotel at 4:55-just enough time to drop our bags and go to our orientation. The purpose of the whole thing was to give us an overview of the company, make sure we had our paperwork filled out and get our company laptops. We ended up talking a lot about the job and life on the road while we waited on the LCD projector to come from another hotel. We didn't get done until close to 8 PM! All I'd eaten was a little salad at the airport and some Pringles on the plane so I was exhausted and hungry and we all ended up going to Friday's for dinner.
We've had a day and a half of training so far. The first day (half day) We got an overview of the software company we are contractors with and found out a little more detail about schedules and what not...we also found out what projects we were assigned to. I ASSuMEd that since I had all full service holiday inn experience that I would be on the IHG project, but they assigned people randomly and I've been put on the Wyndham project. I wasn't thrilled, but I'm trying to look at it as a new experience that will be challenging and hopefully rewarding in the long run.
I'm here till the night of the 15th, I don't know anything beyond that yet but as soon as I do I will let you all know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Layli, it's Steph... I got your MySpace message, too, but I'll reply here instead. You're leaving MD the night before I'm arriving there! Go figure. :P Where is your training? I'm easier to contact through email than... well, anywhere else: it's stephanie(underscore)t (at) live.com.
Post a Comment