Thursday, January 01, 2009

Bring it on

2008 was a roller coaster of a year. I changed jobs. I traveled to 24 different cities for work in 2 countries and 16 states and provinces. I gave up my apartment and moved back in with mom to save money since I'm hardly home. I met a lot of great new people, some I'll see again, others I won't. Some I might not see again but will be in constant contact with online. I think I can say I have met true friends over the last 11 months, people who I clicked with instantly and who got my whacked out sense of humor.
The year also had some bummers for me...I gained a lot of my weight back, not all of it, but a lot. My cholesterol is high. The doctor says eat better and exercise more. How about exercise...to put the more there makes it sound like I exercised to begin with and I never really did on a regular basis. My love life was also pretty stagnant in 2008. I'm OK with that, but no one else seems to be. In the last week people I hardly know have commented on my single status.
So, my message for 2009-Bring it on. I'm ready for whatever you've got.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

You have always looked beautiful, regardless of weight. I mean that. But I think exercise will improve your mood. It is also a good way to deal with stress.

I don't care if you are single, as long as you are happy. If anyone else does, too bad for them. It's your life.