Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Coming home for a bit...

After a week in Arizona I'm heading home early. The hotel I was woking at was a new build and there was no way they were going to open this week. At first they might be able to make it later in the week-but they decided late yesterday afternoon to send me home. I was really looking forward to some free time in the Tucson area. I loved the mountains all around me and as much as they freaked me out sometime, I liked the cactus.

My flight left at 8:10 AM. I did not want to wake up...I had to get up at 4 AM to get ready, drive to the airport and return my rental car. As I sit in the Dallas/Fort worth airport it is all I can do to keep my eyes open.

I finished The Tales of Beetle the Bard on the last leg of the flight. I stopped at Hudson news and picked up the new Gregory MaGuire book for the next flight, but now that lunch is settling in I think I might just sleep.

The reason I started writing this post to begin with was to tell you about the sad thing I saw as I was waiting to board. There were several air force people on my flight. It seems they allow family to go with the military to the gate to say goodbye. There was a man with his wife and two young children saying goodbye, maybe forever...the older girl was around 6 or 7 years old, the younger still in a stroller...the older girl was crying and sobbing and the mother crying despite her efforts to hold it back and be strong. I'm getting tears in my eyes again just thinking about it.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: