...and I'll be back on the 28Th. I've been home more than I've been working lately. Since November 1st I've worked 56 days out of a possible 110. OK, so technically I've worked 50.9% of the time. Regardless, it's not good. I keep hearing that things are picking up and the schedule is getting full but I won't believe it till I see the money in the bank. I've had this one site on my schedule for a while. Last week I had a few others show up but they disappeared the next day. I had a few more show up yesterday but I'm not holding my breath that they'll stay.
I've spent the last week trying to figure where to go next. I applied for a few jobs online and sent my resume off to a few friends and family that said they would be willing to help me find a new job. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to quit my job today in hopes of a new job that I don't have yet, I'm just keeping my options open. One of my fellow road warriors/co-workers/blogger's put it best when she said she 'just wants to be a housewife.' I know I'm single and not even in a relationship (let alone dating) but the idea of being a homebody, cooking dinner, joining some sort of community organization or (gasp) a choir is appealing to me. In 12 years of work history I've never had a regular 9-5 job-with the exception of one summer job in college. A year ago I was eager to travel the country and today I just want to work near home and have nights and weekends free.
Well, I need to finish doing my laundry and pack my bag. I hate this part of the job. I've never been to Oklahoma, it should be interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I JUST WANT TO BE A FRIGGIN' HOUSEWIFE!! OH Layli, how I miss you. I hope the schedule picks up for you. I think you put it best..."I just want to be close to home with weeknights and weekends free....." Ho, Hum...wouldn't THAT be nice!!
Miss you........
Being a housewife isn't all it's cracked up to be. I work all day, maintaining the house, watching the kids, cooking...all the while having no extra spending money of my own. Don't get me wrong. Dave mmkes good money, and it's just as much mine as it is his, but there isn't a day that passes that I don't wish I had some money that was mine and mine alone.
Plus, I never get time off, and vegging is not an option, unless everyone else is sleeping. Sometimes not even then.
I NEED A VACATION!!!!!!
Post a Comment