Last time I posted I was heading to Oklahoma. That was a strange place. The owner/GM had such a small staff that he had to work the desk while I was training him. Good thing they weren't busy. My training room was in a tiny room that had been built for the Ramada mart but never finished. It had no door and the only light came in from the main lobby and in through the window and open ceiling of the tiny room.
Turns out the place is also haunted. I didn't believe the staff that told me this, so I googled it. Google is my answer to everything. I found a lot of search results for room 110 of the hotel. I'm glad they put me in 122, not 110. It seems housekeepers have been locked in the closet between the connecting rooms there and people hear noises and see a guy. Creepy.
After Oklahoma I thought I was going to have a few weeks off. I was being typical lazy me and putting off my laundry. My suitcase was still sitting where I left it in the dining room the night I got back. I'd been home for less then a day and a half when I got a call at 9:45 AM that I was going to North Carolina that day. I had about 4 hours to unpack, do my laundry, repack and get in a cab to the airport.
The people in Winston Salem, NC were awesome! They were all super nice and the managers took me out for some great meals. You know how I love the food. I went to the Old Salem Tavern with them one day for lunch and they took me and my support person to a place called the Cotton Mill the night before we cut over. They loved the food too, and they didn't eat cheap.
They wanted to keep me. I would have stayed if they had a place for me and if they could have afforded me.
I was home for almost a week and went back to North Carolina, this time to Charlotte for 2 weeks.
I was home for almost 2 wee
ks after that and got to spend some time in the kitchen again. I took my second stab at cupcake bites. My first attempt was a huge success for Kathryn's birthday (shown in the picture) and so I thought I'd make them again for our nontraditional Easter dinner. My brother in law couldn't say enough about them. He kept comparing them to the mushrooms in Mario brothers including doing little voices of them asking for mercy and not to eat them.
After all that I got to go to California. I spent about 2 weeks doing an install in Burbank, home of all the major TV studios and just a short drive from Hollywood. I had a blast! I spent my evenings going to LA and Hollywood being a tourist. The install went really well and on my day off I went to Disney Land!
I didn't have a lot of time there, I really wanted another day, but it got me thinking about how much I wanted to go back to Disney World. I went when I was something like 5 years old. We had plans to go again in '92 but that fell through and we've had 4 - 4 day passes sitting around the house for 17 years. I brought the idea up to a few people and with no convincing needed Andrew said he would go with me! I'd asked for time off for my birthday anyway, so we're going to head down to Orlando and use up two of those tickets. WooHoo!
Because of my time off I'm not working a lot this month. I'm spending five days doing support in Chicago right now and plan on swinging over to the Harry Potter Exhibition while I'm here.

1 comment:
Just to let you know I have a giveaway on my blog theprovidentwoman.com
Post a Comment