Friday, January 26, 2007

What happened to work ethic?

As you may or may not know, I am a supervisor at a hotel. You see all kinds of people in a hotel, on both sides of the desk. I could tell you all sorts of stories about the people I've checked in and make your side split with laughter...But that's not what has been bugging me this week. On Tuesday I had a guy walk out on the job. A 31 year old man had a hissey fit like a child and stormed out before his shift was done and leaving a lot of cash that he hadn't counted. He had no basis for his complaints, he was simply mad because he had to do his job.

My question is, what logical adult would throw a years worth of references and walk out like that?

1 comment:

Juliet said...

I remember you telling me about that when it happened. While amusing, it's really angering as well. God forbid he should go to work and be expected to actually work! *rolls eyes* What a child!