Hey all-I'm in Georgia!! I went from the extreme north of Canada to the wonderful, warm south! It is so nice down here. I swear-this is my perfect weather. When I landed yesterday it was 72 degrees and the sun was shining.
Had a little drama in the morning when I was trying to get going. My Verizon broadband card stopped working for no reason. I called support at 6 AM when they opened and was on the phone for more then half an hour before I asked the guy "can you help me or not?" his reply was "No I can't." So, I knew I was going to a Wingate in Savannah but I didn't have the address or the phone number. I figured I'd be able to get wi-fi at the airport and look it up. Didn't bother to try in Detroit, don't know why...get to Savannah and the wi-fi signal is crap-limited to no connectivity. I found a friendly person at the information desk and she ended up letting me use her computer to pull up my email. I made it here and I'm safe, that's all that really matters. I just need to get myself to a Verizon store before long and replace the dumb internet card.
I'm shadowing again here. Not sure why, but Jodi (my lead) is super cool and we're having fun. We went downtown last night and walked around for a while. The city is so rich in history that you feel like your stepping back in time a little walking down the streets and through the squares. It was all interrupted from time to time buy the crowds of people here for the St. Patrick's day celebrations. It's the second largest celebration in the country-like a scaled back Mardi Gras (beads and all). Needless to say, we are staying away from downtown this weekend.
More to come later next week-including a picture or two maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, I think you should go downtown and experience the madness!!
Glad everthing is going well.
Enjoy!
layli when you get to either los angeles or vegas, please please send me some classified ads!!!!!
Glad to hear that you made it down to GA! Must be nice to have that great weather! ttyl
Heather
I'm jealous of the weather! But I'm also glad that that tornado didn't hit you!
I would avoid downtown too. I hate that kind of thing!
We missed you yesterday. *hugs* Well, maybe y ou will be here for Xander's birthday.
Post a Comment