I realize it has been a while since I've posted. No one has complained, furthering my opinion that no one reads this thing...but sometimes it makes me feel better to put things out into the void. Since I last posted I spent a lot of time at home. 3 weeks and 2 days at home.
Week 1 home I went to a Detroit Tigers game with dad and had a root canal the next morning. Good times. I spent time with all the other family too and decided to give up my apartment to save money and pay down my debt. This is the longest I've been home since I started this job. Before this my longest time home was 10 days. So, why keep the apartment?
After the first week I called up the old job and asked if they needed any help. Lucky for me someone had quit that week and they did need me. I picked up nearly 40 hours in my second week home-that will be some nice money next week since I only had 3 days on my last paycheck. My old friend Michael convinced me to go with him to Kalamazoo that Saturday to see The Verve Pipe (my all time favorite band.) This proved interesting since I was working that morning and the next at the hotel. I ended up getting an hours sleep before dragging myself to work. I don't know how I got through the day, but those 5 hour energy shots really work.
Week 3 home, dad and I went to Cedar Point (America's Rocking Roller Coast!) and I stewed at home waiting for something to come on my schedule.
After a few calls and emails to managers at both my company and the company I contract with I got put on a site. I got to go back to Saskatchewan Canada and did support for my friend Jen. This is the 3rd hotel I've been at with Jen plus 4 weeks of training that we spent together. I think I've spent more time with her on this job then anyone else.
The hotel was a new build, I like those the best. But this place was a little smelly. Literally. Behind the hotel was an ethanol plant, a refinery and a drainage area. It smelled like poo. And the drainage area brought a lot of bugs. I didn't go outside one night but somehow got about 5 mosquito bites. Beatles were crawling all over the lobby and moths were everywhere. All in all it was a good week though.
Now, the fun part of my job. Travel. I can't remember the last time I had a direct flight. I should buy myself a neon green t-shirt that says transfer on the front. So, what was bound to happen at some point finally has. I am delayed. A lot. They had me booked from Regina to Minneapolis and Minneapolis to Chicago, then Chicago to Detroit on a different airline. It must have been the cheapest. Storms in Chicago delayed my departure though. At that time, my connecting flight was on time, so I was able to get re booked on a direct flight to Detroit. That flight was supposed to leave 45 minutes ago. It got delayed because the crew is flying in from Chicago. Go figure. Who knows how I'll get my bag. I'll update you on that one Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment