Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Why me??

First, I would like to apologize for not posting recently. I know at least a couple people check here from time to time...just the 3 I think. Let me know if you check by commenting and maybe I'll post more.

So. I had my four days of training at the corporate offices. Everything went well and I passed my certification test with no problem. While I was there I got to visit with my pal Jodi that I trained with in Savannah. I voiced a lot of my concerns to her about being put in a lead position right away. How I was unsure of a few things here and there. She told me everything I was worried about was easy compared to what I knew I could do and that she thought I was ready.

Friday night I'm home-well, at mom's-doing laundry and check my email to find a flight and project info for a site in Tampa. I was happy. One of my dearest friends lives in Tampa and I hadn't seen him in four years. They didn't have me set for a full install, just a partial...it's hard to explain, but I felt with a little guidance I could handle it.

I got here last Tuesday, went to dinner with Eric on Wednesday day, had one of the worst birthdays ever on Thursday got released from my hell for the weekend and went to visit my Grandpa till Monday morning. I am still in this nightmare and I don't see getting out anytime soon. I could have handled things under normal circumstances, but this site has old computers that they used when they were part of a different hotel chain and they were working on an older version of the program. They brought Jodi in to do an upgrade and the system has only been up for a few hours since midnight Monday. I hate this place and I want out.

3 comments:

edenwoman said...

Yeah, I been able to tell you were bummed on the phone.
Things will get better.
And, yes, I do check your blog daily.
I enjoy your writing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Been checking every day. let me know when you travel plans gel.


Dad

Juliet said...

I check! I check! When I remember. hehe