Yesterday as I sit in the Detroit airport waiting to fly out to Yuma I witnessed a classic people watching moment. In the row of seats across from me sat a couple in their late fifties to early sixties. They were sharing a newspaper and between the different sections of the paper, their coats and bags they were taking up six chairs. Shortly after I sat down a women behind them made a cell phone call. She was one of those loud talkers asking about someone named tipper or something (I think it might have been a dog.) I've learned to tune out these loud talkers and laugh at them silently in my head, however the wife of above mentioned couple has not. She repeatedly turned herself around in her chair to shoot dirty disgusted looks at loud talker and then turn the other way to make exasperated faces at her husband (who was paying no attention to either of them.) Loud talker got done confirming a ride from the airport and a phone rings somewhere in the six rows in front of me. Wife looked blankly at husband who began frantically searching a backpack for his phone. Here is what I found so amusing: Husband makes a call and talks just as loud as loud woman. He comments that he is just figuring out his phone and goes into a long recap of daughters graduation and what she is going to do now. All the wife could do was sit there with her nose deep in the paper. Her husband had become the women she was mocking!!
People make me laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, I trained you well.
There is so much free fun to be had out there in the world!!
Post a Comment